Tucky Chicken


Ohhhhhhhh yum! Chicken, puff pastry AND cream cheese? You gotta be kidding me…these look incredible!

Ingredients :
  • 4 chicken fillets
  • 4 frozen puff pastry sheets
  • 4 oz cream cheese (the firm kind)
  • few rashes of bacon
  • flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 spring onion
  • 1 large egg
  • pepper
  • salt

Directions:
  1. This is what we call ontbijtspek here. It’s kinda like bacon, only much salter. They come in small portions. I’ve cooked four thin slices and drained them on a paper towel.
  2. I’m not using too much, but feel free to add as much bacon as you like.
  3. I’ve also chopped a spring onion with my cute orange baby Santoku.
  4. And I’ve finely chopped a small handful of flat-leaf parsley.
  5. Gotta love the stuff.
  6. You can use any herb you like, though.
  7. Add the spring onions, parsley, crumbled up bacon and a good pinch of pepper to 4 oz firm cream cheese; I’ve opted for low-fat cream cheese.
  8. Mix it all up.
  9. Adding a little garlic, chili pepper and/or grated cheese also tastes great!
  10. Make a fairly deep cut in each chicken fillet. And spread 1/4 of the cream mixture in there.
  11. My puff pastry sheets were fairly small, so I’ve used two for each chicken fillet.
  12. I kinda stuck them together, and flattened them a little with my dough pin.
  13. Until I ended up with puff pastry looking like this.
  14. Place the chicken on top of the puff pastry, with the cream cheese side down.
  15. Season the chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
  16. Beat a large egg, and brush a little on the edges of the puff pastry.
  17. Just fold them until you end up with small packages.
  18. The egg will function as a glue. Lightly brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg as well.