Turmeric Coconut Basmati Rice

This. Was. Gorgeous. I feel like I can still taste it (in a good way). It made sense to make a double recipe since 7oz of coconut milk is half a can, so we ate the lunch leftovers for supper and still have some left. Even my kids raved about this and couldn’t get enough. I admit I was nervous about the large amount of turmeric (most recipes call for 1/4 tsp or so) but I swallowed my doubt and wow! And these are ingredients always in my pantry as we love ethnic food. A big win.




Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
  • 7 oz lite coconut milk
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • Chopped fresh basil leaves, for serving
Click Here For Direction >>> Turmeric Coconut Basmati Rice