Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup

 

I made this tonight – so good. but I can’t say I followed the recipe. after I added the cauliflower to the slow cooker it became abundantly clear that my cooker was smaller that what the recipe called for. So I winged it. About equal portions of sweet potato and cauliflower, enough of white onion, 3 green onions, 3 cloves of garlic. Still about a quart of broth. then all the milk and cream cheese. By the time 5 hours had passed, I had forgotten I didn’t make the full recipe! I really like it with uncured turkey bacon, green onion and cheddar as toppings.

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs fresh cauliflower, roughly chopped
  • 2 lbs sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1 quart vegetable broth
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 5 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 4 stalks of green onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 oz cream cheese
 topping options:
  • crumbled bacon
  • chopped green onions
  • freshly grated or shredded cheese
  • homemade croutons or garlic bread
  • red pepper flakes [for a kick!]
  • hot sauce [for even more kick!]
  • salt and pepper to taste
Click Here For Direction >>> Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup